The Super Girl Sound Session is an ALL FEMALE DJ Competition featuring DJs from around the globe. Our goal is to empower women of all ages, backgrounds, and stages of life who love to make music and get a crowd dancing!
Any female DJ, pro or amateur, may qualify for the Super Girl Sound Session by submitting a three-minute sample of their music. All submissions are judged by industry professionals and narrowed down to the Top 8 finalists.
The Top 8 female finalists will travel to Jacksonville, FL and perform in a LIVE, head-to-head, bracket-style battle on the main stage at the Super Girl Surf Pro Festival in front of an enthusiastic audience and the Super Girl Sound Session judges!!
DJ BONNIE STONEMAN
Known for her love of rolling bass lines and sassy vocals, Bonnie is a versatile and skilled technician with years of experience behind the decks. While dedicated to playing mostly House and Techno, Stoneman loves to experiment with other genres and remixes in her sets.
Bonnie has been an essential part of electronic music scenes throughout the US, including Texas, Alaska, and currently Florida. As she quickly became a DJ all across Texas, Stoneman co-founded LoFreak DJ Collective, DJ’d with Secret Location Collective, an all-female collective, and was part of Texas’ longest running house and techno festival – Praia Urbana!
As a Groove Cruise DJ Contest winner, Bonnie experienced DJing in international waters from Long Beach, CA to Ensenada, MX. She has traveled to DJ in major cities across the country including Denver, New Orleans, Austin, Dallas, Houston, El Paso, Jacksonville, Kansas City and at unique venues such as Yellowstone National Park and aboard the iconic Queen Mary Ship.
Bonnie has shared the stage with some of her favorite DJs including Miguel Migs, Stacey Pullen, Kenny Glasgow, Gene Farris, Green Velvet, Doc Martin, Luigi Madonna, Steve Lawler, Pirupa, Matthias Tanzmann, Cocodrills, Anthony Attalla, Sacha Robotti, SABB, Shiba San, Jody Wisternoff, SecondCity, Lee Reynolds, SUPERNOVA, and Scotty Boy.
Whether she’s playing a cruise, nightclub, lounge, warehouse or festival, Bonnie Stoneman is known to set the vibe and control the dancefloor! Music is the answer!
My name is Grace Seymour (aka G$), and I am a House DJ in Jacksonville Beach, FL. I am 23 years old, and have been involved in and out of music my entire life. I made my move from San Diego 2 years ago, and have intentionally sought out a music career since discovering the small (but present) community of DJ’s around me. I focus in on all genres and aspects of House music, and have received nothing but pure joy from doing so. I have never experienced a greater feeling than seeing happiness on others faces purely based off of a song – and that is why I do it. I’m here to make people dance.
DJ SUGA K
Jane aka VAND3RBILT is an American RedBull X Games DJ, record producer, singer/songwriter, charting Billboard artist and composer. Jane produces a variety of styles within the pop, hip-hop, house, progressive dubstep and bass music genres. She is the first American DJ selected to study at the Red Bull Music Academy in Berlin and has been a trailblazer for female talent ever since. Whether it’s on stage or in the studio, Jane brings big energy & vibes to everything she touches.
SUPER GIRL SOUND SESSION RULES:
No purchase necessary to enter or win. Void where prohibited by law. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning.
- Entry period begins at 9:00 am PST on September 1, 2022
- Submission deadline is Friday, September 30, 2022 at 11:59 pm PST
- 8 Finalists will be notified on Friday, October 7, 2022
- Live Contest Date in Jacksonville, FL: Saturday, November 12, 2022
The contest is open only to participants eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry. To be eligible, participants must be able to provide a link to a video recording displaying DJ skills.
HOW IT WORKS:
- During the submission period, participants must visit the submission form and submit requested details to be considered for the event.
- Once the submission period ends, a panel of judges will select eight (8) finalists to compete live at the Super Girl Surf Pro event in Jacksonville, FL.
- The 8 finalists will battle head to head and narrowed down to one winner.
Only submissions that meet the Submissions Guidelines set forth below will be considered. In order to be eligible for this contest, your submission must not:
- Contain a sample or music or sound clip owned by another individual unless the required permissions have been obtained;
- Contain any false or misleading statements on the entry form or plagiarize, replicate, or copy any other entered Submission;
- Be sexually explicit, obscene, profane, or offensive;
- Be unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group;
- Promote alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms, or weapons of any kind (or the use of any of the foregoing);
- Promote any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous;
- Endorse any form of hate or hate group;
- Communicate messages inconsistent with the positive images and/or good will to which Sponsor wishes to associate;
- Violate any law.
The Host of this promotion (Super Girl Pro) makes the final determination as to which Submissions are eligible to take part in this Contest. Host reserves the right to modify the criteria, dates, and guidelines of the Contest at any time.
Criteria (“Judging Criteria”):
- Overall performance (1/3)
- Quality of production (1/3)
- Quality of mixing style (1/3)
On or around October 7, 2022, the eight (8) potential winners with the highest scores based on the Judging Criteria will be notified by the contact information provided on their entry form.
If a potential winner fails to comply with any of these Terms or is found to be ineligible or unqualified for any other reason or to have tampered or interfered with the voting process, the potential winner may be disqualified.
Each participant will be required to complete and return to Sponsor an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Waiver of Liability, and a Publicity Release (collectively, the “Releases”) within the time period specified by Sponsor. In addition, potential winners may be required to certify, on information or belief, that their Submission is their original creation and has not been (i) published or (ii) publicized and (iii) has not won another contest. If a potential winner fails to complete and return any required Releases within the specified time period, that potential winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected. Winners may be required to produce government-issued identification.
Check back soon for 2022 Prizes!
Prizes consist of only those items specifically listed as part of the prizes. All travel related expenses for the Contest, including but not limited to, flights or other transportation to and from the Super Girl Pro event, lodging, food and beverage, taxes, insurance and incidentals are the sole responsibility of each Contest winner. Sponsor will supply turntables, CDJ players, and standard mixer for use during each winner’s live performance. Each winner is solely responsible for bringing any other equipment she may need to the live performance at the Super Girl Pro.
Each winner and her companion(s) agree that they will conduct themselves at all times in a socially responsible, respectful and appropriate manner; and, should they fail to do so, the prize may be immediately terminated and the Sponsor may pursue other legal sanctions against such winner.
Each winner agrees that she will render her performance in a professional manner. Each winner will not receive compensation from Sponsor if the winner is unable to perform due to cancellation, postponement or delay of the live event. In the event a participant is not able to or does not wish to perform, the Sponsor may at its sole discretion choose an alternate winner, or choose not to award the prize at all. No substitution, cash redemption or transfer of prize by winner is permitted, but Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
FINALIST LIVE PERFORMANCE JUDGED ON:
- Technical Abilities
- Timing (cuts/beats)
- Audience Interaction
2022 Judges to be announced soon!
- All contestants are required to check in two hours before the contest begins. No transportation or travel will be provided.
- The top eight (8) contestants will be announced on October 7, 2022. They will be sent personal flyers to promote via social media. They will be invited to compete at the event in Jacksonville, FL. Travel/accommodations will not be provided.
- At the event, the top eight (8) contestants will be allowed a 3-4 minute set during the quarterfinals where they will face off with another DJ. Four DJs will advance to the semi-final, two to the finals, and a winner will be selected.
- Sets will need to be in a “three-style” format and include music from three different genres.